- Tryouts are strongly encouraged for players who signed early offers. If you signed an early offer and want to tryout “up” a division, tryouts are required.
- Tryout fees are $25 per player, per age group. The $25 fee includes ALL tryout dates for your age group. If you accepted an early offer, your tryout fee is waived, however if you want a tryout t-shirt, you must pay $10.00.
- Attending BOTH of the dates for your age group is NOT MANDATORY, but it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED so that coaches have the best opportunity to evaluate your skills. National team offers are given at the first tryout date.
- Players are permitted to try out "up" ONE age group from their own although Sharks does NOT recommend this unless you are a "grade level" player wanting to be on a National team with your classmates.
- All Sharks tryout sessions will be held at Game Time Sports Center 5151 Bogles Run Rd. Urbana, OH 43078.
Rules for Tryouts
The Sharks Volleyball Club will be following tryout procedures and policies established by the Ohio Valley Region (OVR). Please READ the OVR's Athletes' Bill of Rights so you understand your rights as a potential player in the OVR and you know what rules are to be adhered to during our tryouts.
Tryout CHECK-IN will OPEN 45 minutes before your scheduled tryout begins. At check-in, you will:
1) Turn in your OVR medical release
2) Print your OVR Membership Card
3) PAY your tryout fee of $25 (pay at tryout cash or check)
4) Pick up your tryout t-shirt
5) Have a picture taken with your tryout number
Please DO NOT BRING a volleyball (we have plenty) or any other unnecessary items.